Specification for the E-ARK Content Information Type Specification for digital geospatial data records archiving (CITS Geospatial)
The CITS Geospatial version 3.0.0 is an updated version of the specification, defining the approach to preserve all types of digital geospatial records. Key changes in this version include a revised structure of geodata elements and their placement within the eArchiving Information Package. In the work with this update, the result includes the conclusion of CITS GIS being a part of CITS Geospatial and thus no CITS GIS is developed.
Guideline for the specification for the E-ARK Content Information Type Specification for digital geospatial data records archiving (CITS Geospatial)
The purpose of this guideline and its 3 appendixes is to further explain and describe the “Content Information Type Specification for Geospatial data” (also called CITS Geospatial in short). The goal is that as many people as possible will be able to understand the specification and, therefore, to also preserve geodata.
Guideline for using the specification for the E-ARK Content Information Type Specification for digital geospatial data records archiving (CITS Geospatial) with GIS
The purpose of this document is to extend the Guideline for CITS Geospatial with content describing the preservation of selected elements from Geographical Information Systems (GIS). This document aims to extend the scope of preservation beyond the geospatial data records themselves and focus more on GIS elements defining geospatial information products.
- Geographic information ‒ Metadata ‒ Part 3: XML schema implementation for fundamental concepts: ISO/TS 19115-3:2016
- Directive 2007/2/EC establishing an Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community (INSPIRE)
- Data Entity Dictionary Specification Language (DEDSL) ‒ XML/DTD: ISO 22643:2003 (CCSDS 647.3-B-1:2002)
- Information technology ‒ Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) ‒ Part 3: Rule-based validation – Schematron: ISO/IEC 19757-3:2016 (ISO standard)
- Common Specification for Information Packages (CS IP)
- E-ARK Submission Information Package (E-ARK SIP)